Help protect your family’s future. Enter your zip code to get your free quote today!
When Is Whole Life Insurance Worth It?
Whole life insurance may be worthwhile for some, but not for others. Policies have an added layer of complexity to them that make them harder to understand. Plus, they are usually more expensive than term policies. Find out if a whole life policy could be worth it for you.
Whole Life Insurance Might Be Worth It For You If:
- You have a high annual income (over $250,000 annually or have over $1 million in existing assets)
- You want predictable premiums that will stay the same throughout the life of the policy
- You want a policy with cash value that you can borrow or withdraw from while you’re still living
- You want lifetime coverage that ensures your death benefit will be paid out and used one day
- You’re set to owe a good amount of federal or state estate taxes on your assets when you die, and want to provide money to pay them
- You’ve maxed out your other tax-deferred investment options, such as your 401k, IRA or Roth IRA
However, if you’re just in market for life insurance to replace your income, pay off outstanding debt, or financially protect your dependents in the event you die unexpectedly, term life insurance may be a better option for you.